I will work with you, using your screenplay, to show you the mistakes you’re making and how to fix those mistakes. You will be actively engaged in the learning process while correcting your own screenplay.
I prefer screenplays to be written in Final Draft or Movie Magic Screenwriter and submitted electronically. I will accept screenplays written in MS word, OpenOffice, PDF files or hard copies, however, there will be an additional fee for printing and postage.
The Mentoring Process
Each time you send me pages for review, I will:
- point out the errors by email, in person (if you live in the Seattle area), or by telephone conference
- return the pages
- include a breakdown of the mistakes
- explain why I made those adjustments
Breakdown of the Mentoring Process
- Submit the Title Page and the first ten (10) pages.
- Correct any similar mistakes that were previously identified in the first ten (10) pages that you find in the rest of the screenplay.
- Submit the next twenty (20) pages.
- Correct any similar mistakes that were previously identified in those twenty (20) pages that you find in the rest of the screenplay.
- Submit the next thirty (30) pages.
- Correct any similar mistakes that were previously identified in those thirty (30) pages that you find in the rest of the screenplay.
- Submit the remaining pages.
- Your screenplay is now up to Industry Standard. Congratulations!
Level 1 – Initial Reading (of the first ten pages) & Consultation: $50.00
Level 2 – Complete Reading of the screenplay & Consultation: $650.00
- Please add $50.00 if you submit your screenplay in MSWord, OpenOffice, a PDF file, or a hard copy.
- As an added value, The fee paid for Level 1 mentoring will be appled to Level 2 services.
- Note: In the rare case where a screenplay is fatally-flawed or is so poorly written that it needs a complete rewrite, I will refund everything except the Level 1 fee after a telephone or in-person (if you live in the Seattle area) conference,